Jamie Who is a blog about everything. Except current affairs. And politics. Also science, sport, religion, celebrities, movies, media and marketing, technology, business and design. So...basically Jamie Who is a blog about food. All things food.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Lepitite Orange


I promised you I would be posting some cocktail ideas a while back and since then I've only put one up. That's my bad. But let's be honest... you and me, we've still got a lot of QT to spend together this summer. 

So allow me to introduce the lovely Lepitite Orange. Say it with me.... Lepitite Orange. I believe that's French for "sexy shit." Honestly, how you can you not love this drink with a name like that? 

Let's get into it. (I apologise for the quality of photo but this was served up by Power on a particularly steamy Saturday and it was probably the fourth different cocktail we tried.)  

Stuff you'll need to make one:

25ml of Bacardi Superior Rum (use another brand if you want but honestly, why would you?)
25 ml of Noilly Prat Dry
2 teaspoons of apricot preserve
25 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice (I swear to God if you use the lemon juice that comes in a green bottle I will never talk to you again)
3 dashes of orange bitters
1 dash of egg white

What to do:

1. Put all the ingredients into a shaker and shake vigorously . 

2. Strain the drink twice and pour into a rocks glass or tumbler. (Full of ice.)

3. Garnish with grapefruit zest. 

This drink is so good on a hot summer's day it will make you weep. The combination of fresh citrus and apricots leaves a long, cool finish. Trust me, you want to be part of this. 

Cheers,
Jamie Who

No comments: