- Salmon with avo and cauliflower puree
- Langoustine & quail fricasee
- Salad of avocado and buffalo mozzarella with grapefruit dressing
- Prawn risotto with shellfish sauce (my favourite dish)
- Salad of baby beetroot and orange
- pork and apple sausages with parmesan gnocchi
- Slow braised lamb neck
- Springbok wellingtons with caramelised red cabbage
Did I mention the Moreson bubbly? I think I did. How bout the Grande Provence Chenin Blanc? No? Or the Kleine Zalze shiraz? Yeah, we had some of that too. Look, it could have been worse.
But back to the book. A phenomenal amount of time and effort has gone into it, with nobody taking a salary. Everything was paid for by sponsors. It's for a good cause and it's awesome. Buy one.
P.S. We were given a brief talk by a StreetSmart ambassador. She asked us to do our bit by asking restaurants if they were affiliated to StreetSmart, or indeed if they had even heard about it. I will be doing that from now on. So should you.