What's a word to describe how easy this is? Staggering? Yes, let's try that. This recipe is staggeringly easy. If you struggle with this one I'm afraid we have got problems. I got it from the awesome Woolworths Taste cookbook and tweaked it a tiny bit.
Stuff you'll need to feed 4:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (try go organic)
- Sesame oil
- 4 limes, halved
- 2 avocados, halved
- About two tablespoons of fat-free smooth cottage cheese
- Juice of half a lemon
- Mixed baby leaves
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce
- A tablespoon of honey
- A teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- A teaspoon of grated garlic
- A teaspoon of finely chopped chilli
- About half a teaspoon of sesame oil
Okay, what to do:
1. Mix the soy sauce, the honey, the ginger, the chilli and the sesame oil in a bowl and set aside to infuse.
2. Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of baking/wax paper. Beat it like Michael Jackson. Use something heavy and smash the breasts until they are as thin as possible without tearing.
3. Rub the chicken breasts with sesame oil and heat a griddle pan/braai so that it is smoking hot. Place chicken on and cook for about 2 minutes per side or until done (bear in mind they will cook seriously quickly owing to the fact hat they are so thin). Place the limes alongside the chicken flesh side down to char them.
4. Meanwhile spoon out the avocado flesh into a bowl using a teaspoon. Add the lemon juice and cottage cheese and mix until smooth-ish. Not entirely smooth. Smooth-ISH.
5. To serve, place the breast on a plate alongside a handful of the mixed salad leaves and half a lime. Spoon some of the avocado mixture onto the chicken and drizzle over the dressing.
A lovely little summer dish there hey? Easy, healthy and tasty. It's good to be back.