Jamie Who is a blog about everything. Except current affairs. And politics. Also science, sport, religion, celebrities, movies, media and marketing, technology, business and design. So...basically Jamie Who is a blog about food. All things food.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Raspberry, parma ham and feta salad


Firstly, I'm really sorry we haven't spoken in so long. My God how I've missed you all. I had to take a little bit of "personal time" for a while you see...turns out getting married is kind-of-a-big-deal. I'm back though which means if you're reading this either (a) You're still working and should honestly consider looking for a new job next year or (b) You love this blog so much you check it daily just praying that I have returned. In this case, let me assure you even though I now have a wife (yeah, it's hectic) I still love you. Look at me...I love you. Yes you. 

I thought I would ease us back in gently with a gorgeous summer salad. The colours are a treat with this one and it would be killer for a Christmas lunch. It is  a joke how simple it is. I've used raspberries which have come into season beautifully right now. Let's get into it. 

Stuff you'll need to feed 4:
  • Two handfuls of raspberries  
  • A packet of mixed lettuce (look for interesting shapes and colours)
  • Two discs of Woolworths Slimmers Choice Danish Feta
  • About 8 - 10 slices of parma ham
  • The best balsamic vinegar and olive oil you can get
Okay, what to do:

1. Mix the lettuce leaves with a few good glugs of olive oil in a bowl to make sure it is all coated. Throw in the raspberries and mix again, being careful not to break them. 

2. Add the feta and parma ham just before serving. Spoon into deep bowls and dress with the balsamic. 

This salad is healthy and so easy to make but still comes with a serious "wow" factor. It looks beautiful and the contrast between the raspberries and the vinegar is top-notch. The parma ham adds a little bit of saltiness, as does the Woolies' Feta. 

It's good to be back peeps. Let's be honest though, the entries might be a bit sporadic for the next few days. What with Jesus's Birthday and all. 

Cheers,
Jamie Who

No comments: