Ok my lovelies, this entry is probably going to be my shortest ever. I'm extremely busy and have an important meeting to get to. Look it's at Caveau and yes, I will be drinking but don't you DARE feel like I am neglecting you to rush off and get drunk. You know I love you. So much. Kisses.
Annnyway, here's what you'll need to feed 4:
- A cup of quinoa
- 6 baby beetroots, quartered
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- A handful of basil, ripped
Okay, what to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar and sea salt over the beetroot and onions and roast for 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook your quinoa on the stovetop as per the packet instructions.
3. When your vegetables are cooked, remove and allow to cool. Chop finely.
4. In a large bowl mix the quinoa into the vegetables and add the parsley and basil. Add a good glug of olive oil (the best you have)
5. To serve, place in the middle of a large plate. Drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar around the salad.
Told you it was going to be quick. Don't be fooled though, this salad will make you weep. It's that good.
Now excuse me. Chardonnay and brainstorming awaits. And we all know how well those two go together.