- Three quarters of a cup of whole wheat flour
- Three quarters of a cup of oats
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A third of a cup of honey
- Two egg whites
- Two bananas, mashed
- A quarter of a cup of fat-free milk
- Half a cup of unsweetened applesauce
- A handful or two of chopped pistachios
Okay, what to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl mix the honey, the applesauce, the egg whites, the bananas, the nuts and the milk. Add the dry ingredients and work them in.
3. Grease muffin tins and fill them two-thirds of the way. Sprinkle a few extra pistachios on the top.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes or until done.
Now, I had mine this morning with some fresh banana and a good smear of organic peanut butter and let me tell you...I am looking and feeling gooooooooood. You can too kids.