Jamie Who is a blog about everything. Except current affairs. And politics. Also science, sport, religion, celebrities, movies, media and marketing, technology, business and design. So...basically Jamie Who is a blog about food. All things food.

Friday, June 19, 2009

The Foodbarn Deli/Manuka wine pairing

There are sooooooooooooooo many winter specials on at the moment it's a joke - it seems every restaurant is trying something to get you to brave the cold and make a turn past their spot. Some of them do stand out however, and, as your physical and spiritual leader, it's my job to let you know about them.

Now, I love Noordhoek. Specifically I love Noordhoek Vilage. With The Foodbarn, The Foodbarn Deli, Cafe Roux and The Toad there are restaurants to meet any budget and taste. There is a lawn to let your dog loose, a couple of art galleries and Manuka wine store. The whole vibe is pretty awesome and I visit as often as I can. So when I heard about The Foodbarn Deli teaming up with Manuka and De Noordhoek Hotel (did I not mention there was a quaint little hotel there?) to offer an evening of wine tasting paired with delicious food, I was more than intrigued. The hook for me was that after wining and dining you can stroll across to the hotel and stay the night. Even breakfast is included. How much? R450 per person. Someone call the cops please because that, my lovelies, is a steal.

The menu includes a mixed mushroom tart, lamb shanks or a vegetarian lasagna, malva pudding, florentines and more. If you don't want to stay the night in the hotel the food and wine pairing is R225. For more information get hold of them on (021) 789-1966.

Cheers,
Jamie Who

No comments: