Jamie Who is a blog about everything. Except current affairs. And politics. Also science, sport, religion, celebrities, movies, media and marketing, technology, business and design. So...basically Jamie Who is a blog about food. All things food.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hudsons Burger Joint

I was lying in bed last night practicing ab crunches and thinking of you guys when I had a thought - it's not fair that there is only one of me. I mean, how am I supposed to visit the restaurants of Cape Town (and hopefully the rest of SA at some stage) and report back to you on them when the simple fact is there are too many. We are spoilt for choice.
Now, I know you guys come here to stay ahead of the game. You want to know which restaurants are cool, where the best deals are and what is breaking news in the food scene. So, with this in mind, I have decided to start a "fresh out the oven" category. Basically this will allow me to keep you guys informed as stuff happens, as opposed to me having to visit a place and then write it up. (I will still do this by the way)

Today is the first story to fall into that category and arrives in the form of a spanking new venue in Kloof Street. David Raad, the man behind the famous Caprice in Camp's Bay, has launched Hudsons Burger Joint. Their plan is to serve the best burgers in town in a funky setting, and with whole-grain meat, sourdough rolls, vanilla lemonade and killer decor they are off to a good start. The have looked to New York eateries for inspiration in terms of the layout and design and the actual burgers are made in-house every morning. They claim to have less than 5% fat and they offer a chickpea and lentil veggie burger too. Are they the best in Cape Town? Time will tell. If you've already checked them out let me know what you think in the comments section, or drop me a mail on jamiewhoblog@gmail.com

Get hold of them on 079 8777 688.

Cheers,
Jamie Who

No comments: