Jamie Who is a blog about everything. Except current affairs. And politics. Also science, sport, religion, celebrities, movies, media and marketing, technology, business and design. So...basically Jamie Who is a blog about food. All things food.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Knead - breakfast heaven




On Good Friday my fiance and I headed out to Muizenberg for breakfast at Knead. I figured they would be doing something special for Easter and I was not disappointed. They had freshly baked hot-cross buns as well as loads of pre-made ones to take home. There is always such a good vibe at this place and it is always worth a trip. For me, it is by far the best Knead and can't even be compared to other branches.

For breakfast, you sort of build your own plate using scrambled eggs as the base. You add ingredients like roasted tomatoes, black forest ham and smoked salmon and choose from awesome artisan breads like sourdough, rye, crushed seeds etc. to finish it off. All the breads are freshly baked and all of them are ridiculously good. They are for sale to take home and I would be surprised if you left without a loaf.

They also have bircher muesli which I'm a big fan of. Basically, Bircher muesli is a combination of oats, spices, nuts and dried fruit which is soaked overnight before serving with youghurt and fresh fruit. Their version includes orange zest, cinnamon, fresh strawberries and apple and is seriously good. I had this and was impressed but I must be honest I was a bit jealous of the cooked breakfast my fiance had put together.

With a quirky menu and brilliant food, this place always delivers for me. I always leave happy and I love the staff's vibe there too. If you haven't been there, check it out next time you're looking for a Sunday breakfast spot.

Cheers,
Jamie Who

No comments: