Picture this. You've spent the morning on Clifton beach (or Plett...Robberg is fine), you are looking goooood, you've had the whole fresh-water-shower-after-beach-euphoria and you're looking to knock up something healthy and easy for a late lunch. Allow me...
Stuff you'll need to feed 4 - 6 people:
- About 1kg of strawberries, topped and halved. (This is a bit of a mission but it's the only part that requires any effort so suck it up and stop being a baby)
- 3 - 4 peaches, stoned and sliced
- An extra few slices of peach to garnish
- A tub of lemon sorbet
- A bottle of sparkling wine (dry)
Okay, what to do:
1. Blend the strawberries and peaches in a blender until smooth. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. To serve, ladle soup into bowls and place a scoop of sorbet in the middle with a few slices of the peach. Pour over some bubbly and garnish with freshly cracked black pepper.
So....two steps guys. Two. Like...one...two. Honestly, if you can't make this soup please don't bother coming back. It is a CRACKING dish for summer and quite vibey. I got this one straight from the Taste Magazine and didn't change the recipe at all which is seriously unusual for me. The recipe is that good. Make it and you will probably become 4%-7% cooler I reckon.
P.S. Again, I'd like to thank Mrs. Awesome for her photo which is...well...awesome.
I would like to see a splash of well aged balsamic on this one. Think the sweetness would do well with the lemon sorbet and dry bubbly. The other guy who can cook . . . a little.
glad to see you rectified the mistake....kimbo
Ha ha - thanks Kimbo. You're a legend.
The Other Guy. Nice touch. I can dig that.
Post a Comment