Jamie Who is a blog about everything. Except current affairs. And politics. Also science, sport, religion, celebrities, movies, media and marketing, technology, business and design. So...basically Jamie Who is a blog about food. All things food.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Table thirteen - very, very cool


From the vintage-styled lounge chairs to the stunning crystal chandeliers I loved this place from the second I walked in. The restaurant is small but luxurious and shares its space with a beautiful decor shop next door. The food is a mixture of gourmet sandwiches, creative salads and special items made that morning. This is just the savoury stuff - there is an entire table covered with cupcakes, muffins, cakes, meringues and more.

I met a good mate there who I haven't seen in ages so we were in no rush, but if we had been it wouldn't have been a problem; service was friendly and knowledgeable. The owner was making an effort to personally chat to all the tables and her genuine passion for food and design came through strongly.

My mate went with a roast chicken sandwich with truffle mayo on rye and I had salmon fishcakes served with couscous and a green-bean salad. Both were really good. Light, fresh, well-seasoned, healthy and really tasty. The fishcakes were R65 and the sandwich R50, not bad when you consider the ingredients are all obviously of the highest quality.

Table thirteen is just next to the Victoria Junction Hotel off Somerset Road. I'll be back but next time I will take one car. Finding parking was a pig.

Cheers,
Jamie Who

No comments: