Jamie Who is a blog about everything. Except current affairs. And politics. Also science, sport, religion, celebrities, movies, media and marketing, technology, business and design. So...basically Jamie Who is a blog about food. All things food.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Robertson Slow wine festival - be there


Another weekend, another wine festival. (I think I started my last post about a wine weekend like that but it's true...) Me, I'm hopping on a kite and heading up to Jozi but if I were sticking around I would definitely be on my way to this. Let's get straight into it shall we?

The Robertson Slow involves wines from Ashton, Bonnievale and McGregor and will consist of 28 participating wineries. As the name suggests, the vibe here is chilled. Cape Town style. Like, reeeeelaxed. Seriously, take it easy. Wine is obviously the focus but Sunday also sees the Food Market in full swing. Country-styled cooking will be showcased and there will be live music too. (I know the food will be good, I am less sure about the music.) Either way though, with the wine flowing you know you'll have a good time.

The festival kicks off tomorrow (the 7th) and runs through to Monday. If you want to check out a full schedule and a list of the wineries involved go to http://www.robertsonslow.com/pages/content/2009program.pdf

Enjoy that and remember, drinking and driving is for retards. Rather book into one of the (many) guesthouses or B&B's, have that extra glass of red and stay over. What's that? Can I give you some options. Yes I can darlings, here are some: http://www.sa-venues.com/accommodation/robertson.php It's a pleasure.

Cheers,
Jamie Who


5 comments:

Elizma Spangenberg said...

Jamie, may I be forward and invite you to next year's festival? Book it now already... 6-9 August 2010. And you're right. The market is going to be fantastic. And the live music too by the way. It will be a guitar and saxophone and they're called Two Tone. Bruce Muirhead is on guitar and you can listen to his quartet on http://www.myspace.com/muirheadquartet if you're interested!

Hope you are converted!

Elizma Spangenberg
Robertson Wine Valley

Jamie Who said...

Thanks Elizma, consider this me RSVP'ing yes. See you next year

Jamie Who said...

Thanks Elizma, consider this me RSVP'ing yes. See you next year

Jamie Who said...

Thanks Elizma, consider this me RSVP'ing yes. See you next year

Jamie Who said...

Thanks Elizma, consider this me RSVP'ing yes. See you next year