Jamie Who is a blog about everything. Except current affairs. And politics. Also science, sport, religion, celebrities, movies, media and marketing, technology, business and design. So...basically Jamie Who is a blog about food. All things food.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Super Meats - proper meat


So, tomorrow is National Braai Day and something to do with our heritage too apparently. Far be it for me to tell you how to celebrate your heritage, (I didn't want to tell you what and how to cook) I thought instead I would think outside the briquette and point you in the direction of where to buy whatever it is you are going to cook. I buy my meats from a place in Kenilworth that The other guy who can cook told me about. called Super Meats, it is an authentic butchery. A place that actually smells of meat, but in a good way. 

The guys who work there are passionate about what's on offer and are always willing to help. If you can get past the fact that they call you sonny or bud and insist on telling you how to cook your meat the place is a winner. Expect stuff like lamb shanks, frozen duck, kudu biltong, venison fillets and man-sized ribeye. 

Find them at 274 Main Road, Kenilworth or call them on (021) 797-5595 to pre-order (which is a really good vibe by the way.)

Cheers,
Jamie Who

P.S. Because I love you I have included below a list of other butchers in South Africa. Courtesy of www.eat-in.co.za

http://www.eat-in.co.za/static/directory/list.php?cats=13&cities=0&provs=0

No comments: