Things are a bit hectic here at work today so apologies if this seems quick. I was checking out my photo library this morning and found some shots of the salad I knocked up when The Greeks came round last week. Now, let's make one thing clear: Posting about this salad is not a cop out. This salad deserves its own blog entry. It's that good. Let's take a look...
Stuff you'll need to feed 4:
- 6 - 8 baby beets
- A handful of rocket
- A ball of buffalo milk mozzarella
- 2 - 3 oranges
- Juice of 3 extra oranges
- A tablespoon or two of wholegrain mustard
Okay, what to do:
1. Rub the beets in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in an oven at 200 degrees celsius for about 5o minutes to an hour, or until done. You want these guys to be cooked but still have a bit of texture. Don't let them get "mushy". Allow to cool, and then cut into wedges.
2. Meanwhile, bring the orange juice to the boil. Add the mustard and a few peppercorns. Reduce the heat and let the juice reduce slowly until it becomes a thick syrup. Strain the peppercorns.
3. Peel the oranges and carefully cut them into segments.
4. To serve, scatter the rocket on a large platter. Tear up the mozzarella and throw it on. Add the orange slices but don't make it look too staged. Chuck them on, don't place them all carefully. Same with the beets. Finally, take a spoon and drizzle over the beautiful dressing.
Another dish that a ritard (I did that on purpose. Watch The Hangover please) could make. It's a killer salad that ticks all the right boxes ; Healthy, seasonal, easy, delicious, beautiful.
Post a Comment